Thursday, January 29, 2009

This is "My Sister is a Genius" blog


I poised a question to my genius sister, oh yeh she knows who she is, in my previous blog in connection with an unknown group of plants blooming in our greenhouses. Hundreds of miles away, using just one picture of the flowering tip she correctly guessed the plant on her first try. Isn't she a genius.

I am very lucky to have a genius sister.






16 comments:

beachgrl said...

wow, very cool. I was gone all day until dinner time so that is why I didn't answer right away. Did you already know the name of the plant?

Dawn Fine said...

Yes she is Genius sister for sure...and I curious how u found the flower...did you know already..did you google for certain things...etc
oh and how did you find the berry in my post...we want to know your secret...

beachgrl said...

hey, you could have used a nicer photo of me! geeez

Adele said...

No we did not know the name of the plant. It has been in the greenhouse for years and they had it tagged incorrectly and actually knew that they had it tagged incorrectly. I said I would find out. That I had my ways.....HA. There will be prizes. STay tuned to future blogs.

Adele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adele said...

Nob told me to use that picture. She said you would LOVE it.

Adele said...

Nob told me to use that picture. She said you would LOVE it.

Dawn Fine said...

Liar Liar pants on fire!

Adele said...

OKAY it was the mother aka mudder she told me to use it

beachgrl said...

to dawn. I did no tknow the plant. I tlooked like some type of penstemon, salvia, cardinal flower. But after looking at photos of all those I decided it wasn't one of them. The next search term I used was hummingbird red flowers, and the last search phrase I used was "red tubular flowers held in whorls" and that is the one that led to to Resselia sarmentosa.

Now for your berry bush I first used "florida winter berry bush", then I used "florida holly trees" and that was the search term that led me to the berries.

beachgrl said...

oh, del, this site has about three photos that really look like your plant. I had to keep searching for more photos just to make sure I was right.
http://www.butterfliesetc.com/buckeye.php

Tink said...

You guys are too smarty farty for me.. I like my answer the best. Lori, you have a nice tongue.. ha ha ha

Chicky said...

The two middle sisters are conspirators. I had nothing to do with the picture, other than the fact that I said you still looked cute in it.

beachgrl said...

thanks mama!

Tink said...

See, I am the innocent one. You guys always thought I was the naughty one. It has been Del and Dawn all along.

beachgrl said...

yeah, they are the conspirators ..but hey, as long as I get good prizes I don't care....ha