Saturday, January 03, 2009

Lunch with Sam and Jonah Baker or The Caravan of Dreams-Adventures in Live Food while in a New York state of mind


We made a stop in New York City on our way back to warmer temps and met Sam and her boyfriend Jonah Baker. Meeting Sam for lunch is always an adventure. This time the place Sam choose for us to eat also served "live food". After eating "live" you might never want to go "dead" again. The food was fresh and delicious. I savored every bite and had to stop myself from saying yum yum yum with every single mouthful.



Dawn and I both had the "live" sampler which included a delicious vegetable lasagna, avocado, jicama, greens and fruits all heaped into a mound of lusciousness.



Sam looked lovely, happy and healthy and Jonah Baker seemed a very interesting sort of fellow. He designs websites to make ends meet and is working on his masters like Sam but is hoping to become a writer of comedy and satire. He is now writing a play about a cat messiah. If he becomes famous you heard it here first. OH one more interesting thing about Jonah...he is a finisher like Jeff. Jeff was squirming in his seat watching Jonah finish off Sam's rice with cilantro. I don't think Jonah realized at first he was trampling all over Jeff's territory.




The stop in New York was fun but brief. It was New Year's Day but all the stores were open and lots of people walking around. Of course whenever I am there I always wonder about everyone and where they work and were they live and how they got there and blah blah blah. Everything always seems so much more intense in the city.

4 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

LOL...the squirming part is sooo true...ha ha...cracked me up...Jeff had a good chuckle too and he wished he could have recorded himself to see his squirm....tee hee...
It was a very nice visit ...and I am happy to see Sam happy...and Jonah seems like a very nice fella...
and the food ...yes live...but how could you forget about our live deserts ...yyuuuuuummmy

Tink said...

That sounds like a yummy time. I would have loved to have been there to see Jeff squirm and to eat that yummy food. I wish we had interesting resaurants around here. It's nice to see that Sam is happy and to see her new beau. Sounds like he has a little bit of Jeffy in him.. LOL

beachgrl said...

The food looks yummy! What were the live desserts? Hi Sam! (if you are reading this)

beachgrl said...

Oh, I forgot to comment on Jeffy being out of place with all of you. He is the only one there without a scarfy.