Sunday, January 25, 2009

Adventures in GPSin

This is my 'Adventures in GPSin' blog

Yesterday after checking the temps for the next couple of days I was disappointed to see that we would have a 30 degree day in between two lovely 50 degree days.  Hummmm, I thought, maybe this would be a perfect day to use the GPS and make one of my favorite Goofus guy and half-assed sister's shopping excursions.  Absent Goofus guy and one half of the half-assed sisters unbeknowst to him, Ghetto boy was going to be going in their place.  He didn't seem to mind since he wanted to try out the GPS anyway and wanted to return the gift he received in the grab at Christmas.

We could not figure out why the volume was not working on the GPS and then Ghetto Boy decided he knew a better way.  Upon turning off to go his own way I figured out how to turn up the volume.  Turns out Ghetto Boy's way was the wrong way and we ended up on a highway where we could see the shops we were heading for but could not turn to go to them and to top it all off the GPS was in a snit and kept telling us to head in the opposite direction down this highway further and further away.  I finally convinced Ghetto Boy to turn the car around and the GPS got over its little snit and started leading us towards and not away from our destination.  Had a nice lunch at Firehouse Subs (Ghetto Boy's choice of course).  Stopped at Circuit City where there were no great deals.  Returned Ghetto Boy's gift where he replaced MP3 portable speakers with two warm winter uniforms.

This is one..


and this is the other


If you are thinking "this looks like all his other uniforms" well..that is just the way Ghetto Boy rolls ha.

Here are some of the 'spoils' of our GPS adventure.



And even though I wore one of my totally new winter uniforms I fear I still am a 'before' from a "What not to Wear" episode.




bloggedy blog blog

3 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

LOL...what an exciting GPS adventure you had..Glad you finally figured out how to fix the volume...Usually helps to read the directions on how to operate it...tee hee
Love Ghetto boys new attire...Did he trash his old Ghetto boy sweatshirts or make them into dust rags?
I am jealous of the spoils...I want that chocolate bar and the asiago cheese!
Bummer no Trader Joes for Miles and miles...
You do wear the most fashionable attire!

Chicky said...

That grin on your face cracks me up. Neat shopping blog!

Tink said...

That looks like a fun trip. How come Craigy took the mp3 player back? I thought that's what he wanted. I love your food goodies and your attire. Comfort is key when shopping till your dropping.. Love Ghetto boy's new attire. He is getting pretty popular on your blog.. :)