Monday, January 12, 2009

Blooming things in January

I've been busy laying down poop in my gardens these days getting ready for an even lovelier spring and summer (here's hoping). Here are some things that are blooming now.

Violas are blooming



and here is a planting with cabbage, kale and violas

Hardy cyclamen are also blooming

Winter Jasmine has been blooming since I got back from Ct.

Camellias are blooming. Here is Yuletide. Its been blooming since before Christmas.

This is another camellia. I don't remember the cultivar off hand.

The sweetest little violet blooming on my front porch.

and these two strange things came up though I don't remember planting them. Any guesses as to what they could be

4 comments:

Tink said...

Wow you are so lucky to have all those flowers blooming already. I love those blooming pup plants..hee hee

Dawn Fine said...

Well i love all your flowers that are blooming...the photos are loverly..
but you have to scold the person who planted those pup plants head first...there is no way they will stay there with their legs out of the ground!

beachgrl said...

Oh wow, let me run outside and see what's blooming in my yard. I'll be right back....in a couple of months...ha

Missy said...

wicked cute doggy hinies (hi-nee) you planted.. lol