Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today after a late brunch of eggs, canadian bacon and pita brought over and cooked by Dawn and Jeff (yummyyyyy). Jeff wondered if anyone was up for a Sunday drive. Dawn and I jumped on the chance. I don't really ever get a "free" day and I had one today because I took the day off. Even though I probably should have spent the day in bed cause I am still not feeling quite up to par, I don't often get a chance to go out trekking. So off we went.....

We got up pretty high.



We got lost a couple of times


Eventually we made it to the Pee Dee Wildlife Sanctuary



They had some nice walking areas and some big rocks that I was very happy to see here in North Carolina (reminded me of home).




We did some birding

and saw a million, bazillion red winged blackbirds




and some nice waterways



Definitely better than spending the day in bed.

4 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

o very nice...i loved it ...you captured the day beautifully...

Tink said...

Awe! Wish I was hiking with you guys. Hope you feel better soon. See you guys next week.. :)

Dawn Fine said...

you have been tagged by me...
go to my site and see..

http://dawnandjeffsblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-have-been-taggedsix-random-things.html

Missy said...

ooh ... loved the water pics.. with the green algae on them... very nice pics.. glad you decided to go with them instead of staying in bed... even though bed is sometimes just what i need.. ha ha .. hope you are feeling better!