Monday, December 15, 2008

So......after our "free" day yesterday, today we had an agenda.

Craig's was to clean out our old broken down shed.















Nice work Craig!


Dawn and Jeff wanted to do some raking and blowing of leaves and I was not about to stop them.




Here they are waiting for just the right moment to start.







Even Kali had some things she wanted to get done.






I had three very lovely camellias that bloom in December to plant. I particularly wanted a red one and this is a lovely specimen called Yuletide.












and two pink ones as well as a chamaecyparis that I have been growing in a pot for a couple of years.



















I also wanted to cut down a couple of the scotch brooms that have been slowly dying off.








Despite the sun not showing up and the light rain midday, we all managed to get our jobs done and a good bit of exercise in the process.





Here is a picture of Dawn's favorite attire. It would be quite scandalous if she weren't invisible.



and here is a picture of a pup on wheels



5 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

Ha...good thing i AM invisible....We all had a good day of work...lets see what we can do tomorrow...

Tink said...

Looks like you guys got great exercise and a lot accomplished. Love your flowers and your yard has changed so much. I didn't realize you were blogging much on your site anymore.. Nice to see it..

beachgrl said...

Love your blog template! It's great hearing about the goings on over there! See you soon..

Anonymous said...

Good job del, your pictures could not be any better. I bet everyone was really tired when this day was over. Love chicky

Missy said...

very nice to see you back in the swing of blogging.. we missed you! your babies look like they had a good day of running around and being nosey! way to put the hubby to work on the shed... that shed has something about it that i love... very quaint and cute... i have a wicked thing for barns ... and small little places like your shed... they make such great pictures... and it was nice of your sister and jeff to help with the clean up.. wish i was there to help! ha ha ..xo