
The next prize is very cool indeed. It is Poncirus trifoliata 'Flying Dragon'. I have one planted in a pot that makes a great specimen plant in the winter. It blooms before it leafs out in the spring and is just a very cool small tree/shrub.
bloggedy blog blog
3 comments:
purdy plant..
oh cool...i guess beachgrl doesn't know what she missing...i haven't seen her comment...
Del, I have a story to tell on that one. A couple of weeks ago honey wanted to go for a Sunday drive in the snow. It was a drive along the shoreline in Waterford. He wanted to show me an interesting tree that still had frozen fruit on it. We found the tree and he stopped the truck so I could get out and grab a couple of the fruits from the tree. The tree had gigantic thorns so I had to find a branch on the ground to use to knock the fruit down. I was thinking to myself that this tree with green branches in the winter time looked like our Ponderosa lemon tree. The fruit on the tree looked like small oranges and smell citrusy. I was thinking what the heck kind of citrus tree would grow up here in our zone. I went home and googled and found the bitter orange as our tree in question. Honey opened up the fruit when we got home and gathered some seeds so we could start our own tree. It was the coolest looking tree in the persons yard. And what do you know, you have the bitter orange as a prize! I am so excited! Yay!
Post a Comment