Monday, July 20, 2009

This is my Southern Comfort Blog

When at first we thought about moving to the south, Craig would entice me by promising me a home with a pool and a greenhouse.  After visiting and looking at many homes we could see that this was unrealistic and by that time I was fully on board and "in my mind I was going to Carolina" so we settled on a silly little cement block home on a lovely corner lot out in the country.  I am not sure if the corner lot was appealing to us because it was what we were used to in Pittsburgh (just on a much larger scale) or what, but we fell completely in love.

Anywhooooo....I digress..This is my Southern Comfort Blog....I wanted a pool, I fantasized about a pool.  I could feel the cool in the pool.

Jackie boy said "We have a pool mother"



But that was not good enough for me.   I can't remember if Ghetto Boy or I ran across this pool online, but when we did it changed out lives  Who knew you could buy a pool in a box.



But silly me it is really not as easy as that.  First you need to think about it for many days or weeks.  Then you need to find a place that is level or as close to level as you can.  Then you need to make it as level as possible.  Ghetto Boy built a box.  He dug out sand and he moved sand.  Then when all the sand was moved he decided he needed to have more sand to make it more leveler.  He called the sand guy and the sand guy said we needed clay sand for a pool foundation. 

So the Sand Man came and he gave us clay sand. 


Watch out pup!

It is now in my house as well as my backyard and will continue to be, I imagine for a while.

So now Ghetto Boy moved the clay sand around and around to get the area leveler.  He moved it all to the top of the box and tamped it all in

 and watered it all in

 
and watered some more


and tamped it all in again. 



And Ghetto Boy looked out upon the lay of the land and said...I need more sand...I think I walked away in defeat at that point.

Much to my delight later in the day Ghetto Boy decided it was level enough to put the pool up and that is what we did.

First the liner goes down.  It looks like a pool already!




WTF... this is the pool???...you are kidding me right.


Oh okay, now its looking better.  You just need to put this doohickey into this doodleberry.





Its looking like a pool now.. oh yes it is.



ITS LEVEL FRANK.....


All we need now is some water.

Here comes Curtis the water guy.  Little did we know there was an even "higher power" involved with the water.  I feel truly blessed.


I won't bore you with the pictures at one inch and two inch and three inch and four.

But Jesus only had 4000 gallons and we needed 5.  So Curtis needed to leave to get more and here is Ghetto Boy waiting for Curtis to come back.




And here he is YEHHHHHHH.  



The pool is full and I decide I can not resist.

So this is MY idea of Southern Comfort. 

AHHHHHHHHHH.


bloggedy blog blog


4 comments:

Tink said...

Oh Del I love it! Thanks for the exciting recap. I felt your anticipation and joy at the final result. I can't wait to see the bikini pictures next. :)

Chicky said...

Wow! The pool is almost as big as the house, I see fun, fun, for you Craig and the pups. The build up to the finality was fantastic. Thank you for the anticipation of it all.

Dawn Fine said...

I"ll Drink to that! Give me a shot of that southern comfort!
Loved you commentarly..i was hoping to see it at all levels..tee hee..
guess i will settle for almost full and then full..
what happened to the empty shot?
what happened to the sinking Jack shot?
what happened to scaredy cat dog.Kali shot?
Cant wait to see how u decide to landscape around..
thinking u might need some gravely stuff to put on that sand so.it doesnt end up a beach in your house.
Ive got my suit ready for next year!

beachgrl said...

Congratulations DEl and Craigy! Enjoy your pool!. Don't forget to buy a floating bar thingy to place your southernly alcoholic drinks on while you are lounging in the wet coolness.