Sunday, July 12, 2009

THIS IS MY BONSAI BLOG



PHEW, it has been hot here.  It has been hot here for a while........so I have not minded that John brought in two starter bonsai collections.  Each collection has 30 plants suitable for bonsai.  Some just need a tiny bit of pruning here and there and some need to have their leaves pulled and their shape completely changed.  My goal is to get all 60 YIKES done in the next couple of weeks.  Usually when I am working on bonsai I am also in charge of the front counter which is were I work on the bonsai and that leaves the other girls free to work outside but it leaves me with less time to work on the bonsai's cause I have to wait on customers.   Woe is me ha.  

Here are the ones that I have completed so far minus one.  The minus one was an evergreen that I cut and wired to look completely different it had a sweet little gravel walkway leading to a tiny garden.  It sold the day after I made it, my day off actually.  I would have liked to have told the person that bought it that it is a bonsai in training.  Oh well, I told John we need to have a brochure or something to let people know how to properly care for them.   Since the tropical ones and some others you can keep in your home year round but the azaleas, evergreens, etc. need to be outside most of the time. 

Here they are


































bloggedy blog blogsai

4 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

Hi Sicksta..
wow u sure have been a busy Bonsai Blogsai
Great job..
where did u get the rocks?? I noticed some heart ones...I hope not your collection.
where did u get moss?
I hope not your front yard.
Where did u get some of the grassy bits i see in them?
You cant afford to give your grass away..tee hee

and the price of 17.95 seems pretty darn good.
I am thinking u should do a post on your sale blog..featuring these guys!
or at least the Big bloomers Blog.

beachgrl said...

Very cool Del! Dad will be very proud of you

Tink said...

Del I am impressed.. They are awesome! Lor is right.. dad would be proud..

Chicky said...

I showed dad your bonsai. He was really impressed with all you did. Keep up the good work. You may end up with a houseful yourself.