
So....I have been working on my front beds, replacing perennial beds with evergreen shrubbery. I've kept in mind color and bloom so most will either be evergreen and bloom or evergreen and so lovely that they are not required to bloom. In these beds I have a
Japanese maple, a
red bud called "forest pansy", two different kinds of evergreen viburnum, two different kinds of spring blooming
peiries, the very lovely purple leaved
lorapetalum that plays off nicely with the purple leaves of the forest pansy
red bud. Also have
eleagnus with their lovely evergreen shiny gray foliage and cinnamon scented autumn flowers. Front and center are my two pride and joys. Standardized Pee Gee Hydrangeas. Add low growing ground cover camellias, two crazy weird hollies and lots of
acuba and
nandina "Fire Power" just cause they look good all the time and I have hopefully covered all seasons. There are also dwarf irises planted around the shrubbery as well as some new double flowered
hellebore and also bulbs that will bloom in spring and autumn. The empty areas between the border shrubs and the fence shrubs will be planted with annuals in summer and fall so there should always be something blooming...that is my intent anyway.....can't wait till the shrubbery fills in.
I've also replaced the outside beds with evergreen shrubbery.
The front wooded area. I've been working on this area for a while now.
Chrysanthemum and aster are blooming all over the place.
here's a nice blanket of aster to keep you warm through the cold autumn nights
Fall...in all its glory.....
bloggedy blog blog...
5 comments:
Della. your yard is just lovely even this time of year. Love the cozy feel of it and all your treasures. I also need to incorporate some more evergreen type of plants to have that green instead of baron look all year round.
The yard looks beautiful Del! Sometimes the craziness of the perennials pooping up everywhere and reseeding and spreading can be beautiful in a crazy sort of way....but it makes me crazy, this uncontrolableness (new word?) Sometimes I just need order, things to stay where I put them, things to look wonderful all year round, nice green and mulch. I love to see the mulch between the plantings.
Of course I meant popping instead of pooping...ha
I think she meant pooping.. We are a sick family after all and I have perverted mushrooms that grow in my back yard..
Very lovely dear Daughter! You are really a continually striving gardener. Unlike your mother for sure.
Post a Comment