Today we were supposed to get allot of rain. Most parts of NC did get lots of rain but as I have seen before the big front of rain just disappeared right over my three acres of sand. What the???? Anywhooo it was also supposed to be cool...high of 80 so I had lots of jobs planned.
My main job was to bury all the irrigation hoses to the various gardens which I did in the 90 DEGREE heat. I was diligently working away digging the trenches and filling them with sweat on my hands and knees when Ghetto Boy walked up behind me and gave me a backhanded compliment. He said "I would make a great prisoner at a labor camp" ha. I don't let much get in my way when I want something done that is for sure.
My next job was to pot up the Forest Pansy Redbud Tree that I got on a field trip with Peggy. Gail needed some shrubs and I was all over that. Peggy and I are dangerous with a wholesale number. Luckily we did not have the truck so were limited to what we could get. You should have seen her little car loaded down with Gail's stuff, Peggy's stuff and my stuff. Should have taken a camera. Next time I will. That field trip was really a blog all itself.
Next I had to plant the sweet potatoes which I did in the asparagus bed since the asparagus are still very small.
Ghetto Boy brought these rings home from work. They were from some old curtains they took down in the 1895. When I asked him what he planned to do with them he said "don't you worry you pretty little head about it". I think I see some wild ringed birthday present in my future ha.
Took some pictures of the wildflower field in the back forty.
And some pictures of my many dillys.
Last but not least guess who has a cactus in the shape of a heart? Me of course!
bloggedy blog blog
3 comments:
Oh Sicksta..
I can just imagine you sweating away cause you want to get work done..i would sit in lovely air conditioning because i hate the hot..
i might come out for a bit..then run back inside..
Those rings are quite interesting...and now I too wonder what Ghetto boy is up too..
You garden looks loverly...
The wildflowers are very nice too..
and lilies...
and oohhhh the heart, you lucky girl!..but ...be careful it might bite!
Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. I do believe Ghetto boy had something to do with the heart cactus, after all he is the big heart maker in your neck of the woods.
Ha Ghetto boys comment was too funny. Can't wait to see what he makes with those rings. Love the heart shape cactus. I'll be looking for your post on the next field trip you go on with your plant loving friends.. Your yard looks wonderful sicksta delly doo!
Post a Comment