Tuesday, June 09, 2009

This is my Blog Rant blog

I am still so proud of what we all did last November. Still brings tears to my eyes every time I see our President and hear him speak. Sooooooo watching the news tonight I was sickened and shamed to see the "voice" of the Republican Party Newt Gingrich say in a speech that he "was not a citizen of the world" supposedly unlike what President Obama said in a speech in Cairo. We don't even have to mention that those same words were said by John F. Kennedy and Ronald Regan in their own speeches in other countries. It made me mad and it made me sad. I said to Ghetto Boy after reflecting upon his words that I wonder if he realizes how stupid and arrogant and short-sighted that makes him seem. Its like he said he was a Chicago Bears fan and that is what defines him. Hello.....Isolationism is never productive and it drives me crazy. We ARE all citizens of the world. I don't understand what is so freakin hard to understand about that. It makes me sad and it makes me crazy.....I need to plant something...........

bloggedy blog blog

3 comments:

Dawn Fine said...

i totally agree with all of the above..and i say rant on...some people can not or ever see the whole picture..it is only about them...
sad..
so sad
I say go plant some plants

Tink said...

I agree with all you said delly do. I never was good about talking about politics but you hit the nail right on the head.. I am proud to be a citizen of the world. What makes us think that we are greater or better then anyone else!!! Citizens of the world UNITE!!!!

Chicky said...

Amen!