Took a walk with Ghetto Boy this evening around 6:30 after the best spaghetti and meatball dinner I have ever made. Just happened to be looking into a 'side ditch' and what did I see. The most crazy and unusual flower I had ever seen and then on the way back I saw another unusual flower which would have been the most unusual flower I had seen growing wild if I had not seen the other first. I was walking Trina Marie so I asked Ghetto Boy to take the pictures and that is where the "bummed" part comes in. His closeups are always out of focus. I told him I would take the picture but he insisted they came out well. They did not come out well and now I am left with two "lifers" that Lor will not be able to identify because you really can't see them that.
Okay Lor....How good are you?
Here is one
Here is the other one
and here is the 'side ditch' with a pup
bloggedy blog blog
5 comments:
Wow ..those are some cool flowers u found in the side ditch! I think that you can maybe shape them into a circle or a square or even a triangle..
The first looks like a milkweed, but I am not sure what kind. It has sessile leaves (no petioles)
http://www.milkweedfarm.com/catalog.html
This page has some milkweeds but none look exactly like yours. It looks close to the showy milkweed Ascepias speciosa but not exactly.
The second flower looks like a penstemon, but since you don't have a good close up of the flower or the leaves and stem it s hard for me to tell.
The second plant looks very close to the Gray Beardtongue "Penstemon canescens"
Hey I am hurt you didn't ask me the names of those plants.. I think the first one looks like a purple puff of mini flower florus.. The other one looks like a wild mini bell coniferus. Oh and Joe is shaky with the camera as well.. he is getting better. Don't be too hard on Craigy. He didn't do too bad..
Well you are right tinky that is exactly what they are tee hee. Though Lor knew the botanical names. The milkweed had a very lovely musky smell. I forgot to mention that. I've never seen one blooming before and they are a wonderous sight. The second one I thought was a penstemon but wasn't sure which one. The canescens looks just like it.
Post a Comment