Its a cold night in Carthage.
It's supposed to go down into the mid-freaking teens tonight. This will hopefully be the last roars of a very nasty lion that ravaged my gardens these past few months.
I don't like cold winters and this is my first one here. Enough of my whining. The sun was shining this morning and it was freezing cold with light snow on the ground, I was snugly in my bed and I opened my eyes and looked at my sleeping boys and girl and thought "well... this is going to be a good day".
I coaxed Ghetto Boy into going into Aberdeen today. I was on a mission with a list. First we went to this nice place I go to and have the oil changed in my car. What a genius business this is. You drive up and leave your car and go into the waiting area where you will find nice overstuffed chairs, good magazines, a large flat screen TV and a cashier that asks you if you would like a cappachino. They changed the oil and some kind of filter in 15 minutes. They are always very polite and you can tell they are well-trained. The oil and filter change along with vacuuming your car and a coupon for a free car wash cost around 54 dollars.
Then onto Walmart where we got birdseed, some rechargeable batteries and other sundries. And to Lowes where Ghetto Boy got light bulbs for the outside lights and got irrigation equipment to try on one of my harder gardens to water. We were in the irrigation department for a LONG time. Irrigation is very confusing. I ended up or I should say down on the floor, looking up at the boxes of all this weird stuff while consulting my irrigation magazine I had brought for reference. We got lots of doodads and doohickies and Ghetto Boy is sure to make either a good irrigation system or some kind of heart thing he will hang from the trees ha.
It was a nice drive and a nice day. We came home and putzed around, watched Bonnie and Ellen and then Judy. Ghetto Boy and pups took a nap and I worked on updating the plant list at work.
Anywoooo....did I say it was COLD!
Ghetto boy had to make nests for the pups tonight and we will leave the water trickling when we go to bed. BURRRRRRRRRRRR
bloggedy blog blog
4 comments:
Hope your gardens survived the coldness! I can't wait to see your new irrigation heart thingy......just kidding ghetto boy...haha
Buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrr....you are making me cold just reading this...ohh..nope...it really is cold here...my toes are cold..fingers and nose..jeff just put an electric heater by my face...tee hee...guess its cold most places in the USA..You have no choice...Jeff and I could be in a warmer place...oh well...later this week warmness again.
as for this post...other that making me colder...I am glad you got out for a little mission anyway...
I am guessing that the oil changing place is the one near stein mart...did you have a cappuccino? You didn't mention they charge an xtra ten dollars each cappuccino...tee hee..but it is a cool way to sit and wait...
I might have popped over to stein mart and shopped a little.....nope...too cold..I will stay where its warm thank you...I have become a whimp when it comes to cold and hot...dont like either ...avoid avoid avoid..
ok getting back to the irrigation mission..I do think it is a good thing to try..but i remember a few black snakes in one garden that just sit there and are becoming mulch possibly..no they are plastic..maybe they are becoming decoration...suprised ghetto boy hasnt taken those black holey hoses up and make heart thingys..
Heres hoping you get irrigation and not decoration!
As for watching those girls..when i first read it i was wondering why you were spying on your neighbors and what were they doing out in the cold...then I got it..tee hee
I watch ellen in the evening..watched bonnie once and judy a few times...but i get sick of seeing those dumb ass people who go on the show...just kick there asses out of there,,make them all live together in one moronic community..for a year...maybe they will wise up.
Tell John for each plant you add to the list you get two of them...tell him i said so..and will speak to him about it when I get there.
As far as those snuggled pups..If they had sweaters and booties they wouldn't need to have a blankets on...and besides I would love to see them dressed up in Ghetto garb.
Stay warm...bundle up..drink hot liquids...dont go out there I say...dont do it..wait till u see steamy warmth.
I have a foot of snow you can have to add to your cold. I hope it didn't wreak too much havoc in your gardens. Sounds like a cool place to have your oil changed and it seemed like you had a great little errand run with Ghetto Boy. I love the nests he made for the fur babies. They look so snuggly buggly wuggly... Ping and Zoe says not to visit here or I'll throw them in the snow like I did them.. tee hee hee
Well I read the whole blog, very very informative and funny. The comments from some silly girls were also very funny. I had a good laugh this morning. Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment